Just some pictures of the bike I’ve been working on and riding for the past few months. I just put on new pedals that actually fit it’s touring/commuting purpose. I converted it from a makeshift coaster back into a legitimate road bike. Reassembled every component except the wheels. Project started at the Bicycle Kitchen in LA.
It could definitely use a new paint job but I kinda like the weathered look; feels like it belongs. Now that it’s complete I need to take it on a glamour shoot with nice bokeh.
- ~50″ steel frame and fork, Taiwanese made, labeled Monarch.
- Sugino Mighty Crank 171, 144m BCD
- Origin8 Mighty Crank Replica Alloy 47T Chainring
- Wellgo WPD M-17c Clipless/Platform pedals
- 2 Speed freewheel (15T, 16T)
- KMC Z610HX
- Campagnolo-style rear brake
- Tektro R556 Long-reach front brake
- Mavic A719 rear wheel and hub
- Arya front wheel and hub
- Duro Tires
- Campagnolo Aero Seat Post
- Forte Performance “Classic” Saddle
- Steel Handle bar on Dia Compe Grand Compe Stem
- Weinmann Brake Levers